Frequently Asked Questions

Greystone College Online Classes


I am a Greystone student but I cannot return to Australia or Canada now. Can I start or continue my classes online?

Yes, if you have a valid COE and visa for Australia, or a study permit for Canada.

Can a student start their course online?

Yes, during travel bans. Once in-class lessons resume, they’ll need to shift to onshore classes. More details to come.

What happens if I do not want to take online classes?

Standard refund policy applies. Students can take a credit voucher for the class (regardless of their timetable). Valid for one year ( until March 2021). The voucher may also be transferred to your immediate family (parents/brother/sister) if you are unable to return yourself.

Students can continue to study online if they wish to. As in-class lessons return, online classes will stop.

Can I continue my online classes from my country?

Yes, however once the government restrictions are lifted you will have to return to class. We will no longer be able to offer online classes.

When can I get my transcript and diploma?

Greystone Canada: your transcript and diploma will be available to you on your contract end date. We will email a scanned copy  to you.

Greystone Australia: you can come to the school campus to collect your certificate. PDF certificates will not be issued. Also, VET documents are not ready at the end date. You will have to request them through Moodle and it usually takes 2 weeks for them to be issued.

Co-op (Canada)

If I lose my job or co-op job in Canada, can I apply to the government for financial help?

International students may be eligible to receive the Canadian Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) if they meet the other eligibility requirements.

Please check the above link for exact and most recent information, which may change.  As of 2 April, 2020,  some information from the link is below:

Can you receive the Canada Emergency Response Benefit if you are not a citizen or permanent resident?

To be eligible for the Canada Emergency Response Benefit, you must reside in Canada and have a valid Social Insurance Number.

Workers who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents – including temporary foreign workers and international students – may be eligible to receive the Benefit if they meet the other eligibility requirements.

 The requirements:

The benefit will be available to workers:

  • Residing in Canada, who are at least 15 years old;
  • Who have stopped working because of COVID-19 or are eligible for Employment Insurance regular or sickness benefits:
  • Who had income of at least $5,000 in 2019 or in the 12 months prior to the date of their application; and
  • Who are or expect to be without employment or self-employment income for at least 14 consecutive days in the initial four-week period. For subsequent benefit periods, they expect to have no employment income.

Does the minimum income of $5,000 have to be earned in Canada?

No. The income does not have to be earned in Canada, but you need to reside in Canada.

How do I get my paperwork to Greystone Canada’s Co-op teams?

Please keep your original documents and we will collect them from you once we open again. Currently we are accepting all completed documentation by email.

How do I check the status of my work/study permit/extension?

Please contact your immigration consultant, or of you don’t have one, please contact Encubate.


What if I don’t have a notebook/laptop? How will I complete my assessment?

Students can access the course on their phones. The schools’ computer labs are currently not available.
Students can also print out assessments and scan/take a picture and upload them.

What if I don’t have internet access?

Where students are unable to access our delivery mode, students can request a deferral or suspension of their studies in Australia, or an authorised break in Canada.

Do I need a laptop computer to join online classes?

No, you do not need a laptop. Your smartphone or tablet will also allow you to participate in the classes. It’s best to have earphones and a microphone.

Can I come to the school/college campus to use the computers?

Unfortunately, all ILSC and Greystone College campuses are closed in order to respect public health & safety guidelines.

Are teachers taking attendance?

Yes, attendance is being taken. Teachers can see which students are online.  Our normal attendance policies apply.

How long are online classes going to be running?

For four weeks, until 17 April.  We are monitoring the situation and following government advice.  If this changes, we will let you know.

Refunds and Credits

I would like to stop classes and get a credit to use when normal classes are back in session. Can I use the credit at any ILSC location?

For ILSC, yes, credits can be used at any ILSC location globally.
Credits for Greystone Australia (VET) can only be used at Greystone locations in Australia.

Can students use their credit to transfer from Australia to Canada (or from Canada to Australia)?

For ILSC and Greystone College Canada students, yes the voucher can be used at any of our global locations.
For Greystone VET students, the voucher can be used at any of our Australian Greystone College locations.

Can students use their credit to transfer to another campus in Australia?

Yes, any ILSC location globally.
Australian Greystone(VET) students can only transfer to another campus in Australia.

Are refunds given to partial completion of an online week? For example – 2 days online and then withdraw?

No, any week started will be treated as a full week.  Please refer to our refund policy.

Stay connected
Explore Our Online Events       |       |      Privacy Policy